Burst Pipe Repair Service Hinsdale IL
Fred Glinke Plumbing can help you with immediate help for burst pipes 24 hours a day. If you have a burst pipe and need help, call Fred Glinke Plumbing at (630) 323-7320. Not treating a burst pipe right away can cause significant damage that may last for years if not treated properly.
Fred Glinke Plumbing is a family owned plumbing company and has been serving the Hinsdale area for over 60 years. We provide emergency plumbing service – 24 hours a day- every day of the week. Our staff is on call for you right now!
Burst Pipe Causes
Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to predict when a pipe is going to burst. Knowing what to lookout for can help prevent your pipes from bursting. Below are some of the most common things that cause pipes to burst. By being on the lookout for the items listed below, can save you from costly damage to your home and save you all the headaches that often come along with a burst pipe.
- Extremely Low Temperatures – When temperatures drop excessively low below freezing, can often cause pipes in a not well heated area to burst. That is why it is important to make sure your pipes are properly heated when facing extremes in the winter months. Freezing temperatures causes pipes to expand. The more they expand, the more likely they are to burst. You can reduce chances of your pipes bursting by keeping pipes in outer areas of the house insulated and also by keeping the heat on even at lower temperatures.
- Old Aged Pipes – As with anything, the older it is, the more likely it is to give out. Older the pipes are often made with inferior or outdated or materials. With time, older pipes tend to rot away. Slowly over time, the damage from age can go undetected and with extremes in temperature can cause a pipe to burst unexpectedly. If your home has older pipes, call our 24 Hour Plumbing Hotline Now.
- Buildup of Hard Water – Hard water, mineral build up and scale build up can cause severe deterioration to your pipes and damage them over time. It is a good idea to have a skilled plumber inspect your pipes periodically, especially in older homes.
- Protruding Roots – Old trees with big roots can cause your pipes to break without any notice. Trees with bigger roots typically search for water to help feed them and as those roots move around they can attach to one of your building's pipes causing severe damage. Damage from tree roots can be costly, especially if you have expensive shrubbery or a swimming pool above the area of a burst pipe. Fred Glinke Plumbing also provides trenchless sewer repair to help avoid invasive digging in your yard.
- Polybutylene Pipes – Many of the homes built between 1978 & 1995 were made of Polybutylene and are known to burst without warning. These pipes contain thinner walls and oxidize due to chlorine and common minerals found in most tap water.
If you have a burst pipe, it is essential to treat the problem as soon as possible and prevent serious damage from spreading. Contact us today for all of your plumbing needs.